We are seeking a Communication Officer to lead the communication activities of the EU Projects Office, reporting to the Communication and Marketing Officer for IPT. The main stakeholders include: the accelerator and detector communities, industry, policy makers and the general public. The activities relate to current projects that are co-funded by the European Commission and managed at CERN, e.g.: ARIES, AIDA-2020, FuSuMaTech and ATTRACT.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Lead the different stages of communication projects of the EU Projects Office;
- Create and update communication and marketing material, as agreed with the Communication and Marketing Officer for IPT: presentations, slides, websites, newsletters, posters, social media campaigns, brochures, audio-visual material, EU report writing, editing and proof-reading;
- Science and technology writing (news items, articles)
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the EU Projects Office strategic communications plan;
- Contribute to the evaluation and monitoring of the EU Projects office communication activities, including monthly, quarterly and project reports;
- Attend meetings related to EU projects, including some travel;
- Share resources and assist with other communication and marketing activities in the IPT department, including work on annual reports.
Required skills and background:
- Several years of experience in communication and/or marketing related to science, technology, and/or EU projects;
- Proven experience in several of the following fields: website maintenance; content creation (writing, presentations, audiovisual material and marketing material); developing communication plans; digital marketing; graphic design software (e.g., InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, …); social media; campaigns; evaluation and monitoring of communication and marketing plans; report writing; event organisation; public relations; public understanding of science; science communication; EU projects.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage simultaneously several projects with different timelines;
- Must be proficient in English (mother tongue or equivalent), proficiency in French is also an advantage.
- A degree in one or more of the following fields: science; engineering; communication; marketing.
Please apply through the CERN Fellowship Programme and add the post reference IPT8766 in the "Additional Comments" field under "Specific information" of the application process.
For further inquiries regarding the application process, please feel free to contact the EU Support Office.
- Work on the EU Projects Office activities;
- Liaise and expand your network with experts in EU projects, science, technology, industry and science communication.