The mission of the EU Projects Office is to oversee the participation of CERN in the EU Programmes for scientific and technological cooperation, and to provide support in the preparation and implementation of EU projects, carried out at CERN.
That mission includes mainly the following activities:
- Overview of all EU Programmes of relevance to CERN, with focus on the Framework Programmes for research, technological development and innovation.
- Informing and advising CERN staff as to the most appropriate Work Programmes and funding schemes for new EU projects, providing general guidelines for the preparation of proposals for such projects, and reviewing the proposals during the preparation phase.
- Coordinating the internal process of approval and submission of EU projects with the participation of CERN, in liaison with other services concerned.
- Participation in the management and dissemination activities of EU projects, coordinated by CERN, within the limit of available resources.
- Relations with the other seven organizations of EIROforum, namely EFDA-JET, EMBL, ESA, ESO, ESRF, European XFEL and ILL, and especially their joint interactions with the European Commission.
Relations of CERN with the European Commission, Parliament and Council, and other European institutions.